I'm signed up to participate, now what? How do I get people to support me?
- Reach out to family and friends for donations is via email or text. Compose a nice message explaining why you are participating and how important it is to you, your kids, and your school. Go to your fundraising page, copy your web address (URL) and paste it into your message. Send the message to everyone you can think of: your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and anyone else who might be willing to help.
- You can also contact current and past donors, and anyone else you like, from your Tour of Novato account. From your account home page or fundraising page, click "Post a Message". Select where you would like your message sent and click "Post Message". When they get your email all they have to do is click on the link to get to your fundraising page. Then they click the "Make a Donation" button and follow the donation instructions.
- Share your efforts on social media. Post a link to your fundraising page, cute pictures of your kid or their school, and updates on your progress toward your goal. Friends and family from far away might just love the opportunity to help you out. Use the #tourofnovato to share connect with other participants.
- Create a few messages in advance. Some people prepare more than one message, so they can send a follow-up message to those they don't hear back from.
- Thank your donors! When someone donates, they will receive a receipt for their tax-deductible donation and you will receive an email informing you of their support. Be sure to thank them for their generosity. Their email address will be in the body of the notification message to you. Don't just reply to this email, and that message will go to the Tour of Novato admin account.
Are you looking for some fundraising motivation? You can download these tips:
How to Raise $350 in One Week (PDF)
One Top Fundraiser's Successful Strategy (PDF)